Effectiveness of Flux Reduction Measures Instituted at the Maine Yankee Atomic Power Station / HF. Jones
- Conference Author:
- Radiation Embrittlement of Nuclear Reactor Pressure Vessel Steels: An International Review (Third Volume) (3rd : 1987 : Philadelphia, PA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Jones, HF., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Concern over the effect of radiation embrittlement of the reactor pressure vessel on heatup and cooldown pressure-temperature limits and pressurized thermal shock (PTS) resulted in a decision to implement low-leakage fuel management at Maine Yankee during the early 1980s. This paper provides background information leading up to this decision and describes the transition from standard OUT-IN to low-leakage fuel management. Various methods to determine the effectiveness of flux reduction measures are described and results compared. Results of cavity measurements and use of measurement results to (a) confirm effectiveness of flux reduction measures and (b) benchmark neutron transport calculations are also discussed. The results of neutron transport calculations are used to project fast neutron fluence and RTNDTs at expiration-of-license.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1989, Issue 1011 (January 1989)
- 9780803150744 (e-ISBN), 9780803111875, and 0803111878
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 15.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1989. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990198