Field Loading Tests for the Evaluation of the Wheel-Load Capacities of Airport Pavements / L. A. Palmer
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Load Tests of Bearing Capacity of Soils (1947 : Atlantic City, N. J.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (32 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Palmer, L. A.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The Bureau of Yards and Docks and the Bureau of Aeronautics of the Navy Department jointly sponsored an extensive investigation of concrete and bituminous-surfaced airfield pavements at more than 40 Naval and Marine Corps Air stations. This involved making more than 3000 plate loading tests ranging up to 75,000 lb. maximum loads, also taking and testing an approximately equal number of samples of subgrades and pavement components.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1948, Issue 79 (January 1948)
- 9780803159075 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1948. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990274