Fundamentals of Radiation Effects Testing / EE. Sinclair, JM. Simmons, KM. Zwilsky
- Conference Author:
- Testing for Prediction of Material Performance in Structures and Components (1971 : Anaheim, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (31 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Simmons, JM., Sinclair, EE., Zwilsky, KM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The basic effects of irradiation, such as transmutation re-actions, hardening, void formation and high temperature embrittlement are reviewed. Testing for these effects takes the form of pre-post testing as well as in-reactor observations. Pre-post testing consists of measuring a property out-of-reactor, and measuring the same property after the material has been exposed to the neutron environment. Although changes in properties of a material can be determined before and after irradiation, the influence of a neutron flux on rate processes such as creep must be determined in-pile.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1972, Issue 515 (January 1972)
- 9780803146167 (e-ISBN), 9780803101173, and 0803101171
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 50.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1972. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990417