The Optimization of Insert Size for Reconstituting Previously Tested Charpy Specimens / JF. Williams, RP. Shogan, L. Albertin
- Conference Author:
- Pendulum Impact Machines: Procedures and Specimens for Verification (1994 : Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Williams, JF., Shogan, RP., Albertin, L., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The reconstitution of previously tested Charpy impact specimens via projection welding can be used to obtain additional data for nuclear reactor surveillance programs. Typically, a broken Charpy half contains a large portion of untested material. This untested material can be machined from a broken Charpy half to obtain an ¿̐ưinsert.¿̐ư ¿̐ưEndtabs¿̐ư of similar material can then be welded to the insert. After the welded sample is machined to ASTM E23 specifications, it is then retested to obtain additional toughness data. The materials in this study show that 14 mm inserts can be successfully reconstituted and 10 mm inserts can be reconstituted with limited success.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1995, Issue 1248 (January 1995)
- 9780803153073 (e-ISBN), 9780803120181, and 0803120184
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1995. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990634