Burning Characteristics of Upholstered Chairs / AF. Grand, DN. Priest, HW. Stansberry
- Conference Author:
- Fire and Flammability of Furnishings and Contents of Buildings (1992 : Miami, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (20 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Grand, AF.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Upholstered chairs in many different styles, fabrics, and foams were evaluated under the fire test conditions of California Technical Bulletin 133 (Flammability Test Procedure for Seating Furniture for Use in Public Occupancies). Measurements obtained from these experiments included mass loss, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide concentrations, smoke density, temperature, and heat release rate. Analysis of the data have revealed certain unusual burning characteristics of the furniture items, some trends in fire properties, and certain recommendations for future testing. Comparisons of ceiling temperatures to heat release rates, for example, often explain why a particular chair failed the Category A criteria of TB133, while passing Category B. These and other anomalies are discussed in view of the proposed ASTM test method for flammability evaluation of upholstered chairs.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1233 (January 1994)
- 9780803152854 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990667