Total Energy Costs of Building Construction and Operation / YC. Wong, HJ. Sauer
- Conference Author:
- Thermal Insulation, Materials, and Systems for Energy Conservation in the '80s (1981 : Clearwater Beach, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Sauer, HJ., Wong, YC., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The energy consumed during the construction of a building is quite significant when compared with the annual energy required for its operation. This study has been confined to the extent of energy cost accounting for material fabrication in building construction. Six main building component systems were recognized in this study: structural, exterior wall, interior wall, roof, floor, and window/glass. In order to put the methodology developed here into a useful perspective, it was applied to a prototypical building, first to determine the energy costs of material fabrication and second to predict the operating energy costs of the building. The final energy cost bears heavily on the kind of exterior walls, roofs, or interior wall systems used. The results indicate that the energy costs of the example building can range from 119 500 to 721 300 MJ or from 18.4 to 110.9 barrels of oil.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1983, Issue 789 (January 1983)
- 9780803148567 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1983. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990781