A Lump Sum, Unit-Price Bid Proposal Evaluation Method / JD. McAllister, RK. Biggers
- Conference Author:
- Thermal Insulation, Materials, and Systems for Energy Conservation in the '80s (1981 : Clearwater Beach, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- McAllister, JD., Biggers, RK., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- A method is presented that permits evaluation of total job costs where 35 to 40 percent of the total scope of work will be done on a unit price basis supplemental to a firm price for well-defined initial scope of work. Plotting curves of unit prices for pipe sizes and insulation thicknesses will indicate anomalies in proposed unit prices that require correction prior to contract execution. By pricing a hypothetical piping run at the proposed unit prices and prorating the percentage of unscoped work at the cost of the hypothetical unit price piping run, it becomes possible to compare probable total cost of work from bids in which the firm price is low and unit prices are high with those proposals in which both firm price and unit price portions of the bid are rationally priced.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1983, Issue 789 (January 1983)
- 9780803148567 (e-ISBN), 9780803102309, and 0803102305
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1983. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990807