Hydrogen Fluoride Exposure Testing of the U.S. Coast Guard's Totally Encapsulated Chemical Response Suit / JO. Stull, JS. Johnson, PM. Swearengen
- Conference Author:
- Performance of Protective Clothing: Second Symposium (2nd : 1987 : Tampa, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Johnson, JS., Stull, JO., Swearengen, PM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The U.S. Coast Guard Chemical Response Suit was field tested at the Department of Energy's Nevada Test Site in controlled releases of hydrogen fluoride. Two suits were placed on specially designed mannequins in two separate tests and subjected to hydrogen fluoride vapor concentrations up to 12 000 ppm for a 6-min period. The mannequins contained a pulsed breathing air supply to simulate normal operation of the suit's exhaust valves and four different hydrogen fluoride detection systems. The analytical results of the two tests indicated no penetration of hydrogen fluoride into the suit.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 989 (January 1988)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990941