Performance of a Composite Double Strap Joint with Attachments / H. Qian, CT. Sun
- Conference Author:
- Joining and Repair of Composite Structures (2003 : Kansas City, Missouri)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Sun, CT.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Thin composite laminate attachments were designed and added onto the conventional double-strap joints so that additional load transfer paths were created and localized interfacial stress concentrations near the joint edge were reduced. Experiments were performed and the result revealed that the new double-strap joint with attachments had significantly greater strengths than the conventional double-strap joint. Joints with attachments having different angular configurations and lay-ups were tested and different failure modes were observed. Interfacial stresses along the bondlines were analyzed in order to understand the increase in joint strength and the change of failure modes in joints with attachments.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2004, Issue 1455 (January 2004)
- 9780803154995 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2004. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27991583