Effect of Temperature, Microstructure, and Stress State on the Low Cycle Fatigue Behavior of Waspaloy / DR. Stahl, M. Mirdamadi, SY. Zamrik, SD. Antolovich
- Conference Author:
- Low Cycle Fatigue (1985 : Bolton Landing (on Lake George), New York)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (23 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Stahl, DR.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The low-cycle fatigue (LCF) behavior of Waspaloy was studied in uniaxial and torsional loading for two heat treatments at 24 and 649¿̐ưC. It was shown that for both heat treatments deformation and failure mechanisms were independent of stress state at 24¿̐ưC. Deformation occurred by precipitate shearing and the formation of intense shear bands for the coarse-grain/small-precipitate (CG-SP) condition and by precipitate looping and loosely defined shear bands for the fine-grain/large-precipitate (FG-LP) condition. Failure in both microstructures was associated with the formation of shear cracks.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 942 (January 1988)
- 9780803150355 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 25.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27991752