Strength Testing of Soils / GF. Sowers
- Conference Author:
- Laboratory Shear Testing of Soils (1963 : Ottawa, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Sowers, GF., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Deformation and rupture are involved in nearly all problems in soil engineering. Tests to determine these properties are conducted regularly by public agencies, universities, consulting engineers, and independent testing laboratories similar to the way tests are made on other structural materials. While standard test procedures have long been established for the deformation and rupture characteristics of materials ranging from structural steel to plastics by such recognized authorities as the British Standards Assn., the Canadian Standards Assn., and ASTM, similar standards for soils are either lacking entirely or not accepted by the profession.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1964, Issue 361 (January 1964)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 58.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1964. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27991813