The Influence of Stress History on Stress Paths in Undrained Triaxial Tests on Clay / DJ. Henkel, VA. Sowa
- Conference Author:
- Laboratory Shear Testing of Soils (1963 : Ottawa, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Henkel, DJ.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Remolded specimens of clay were consolidated in the triaxial apparatus under hydrostatic pressure and under a stress system corresponding to K0 consolidation. Undrained tests were performed, and the results show that the strength at failure, expressed in terms of effective stress parameters, is the same for both types of tests. The stress paths followed during consolidation and shear for both types of tests are also compared. In addition, results of tests on overconsolidated specimens for both hydrostatic and K0 consolidation are discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1964, Issue 361 (January 1964)
- 9780803145689 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 15.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1964. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27991833