Risk Evaluation of Lead in Soil and Groundwater at the H. Brown Superfund Site in Walker, Michigan / SD. Meadows, SM. Turnblom, TW. Hahne, TJ. Prendiville
- Conference Author:
- Superfund Risk Assessment in Soil Contamination Studies (1991 : New Orleans, LA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hahne, TW., Meadows, SD., Prendiville, TJ., Turnblom, SM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- A remedial investigation was conducted at a lead battery recycling facility in Walker, Michigan. The soil and groundwater are contaminated with high concentrations of lead. A baseline risk assessment was complicated by the lack of toxicity values for lead. The risk assessment compared on-site concentrations and worker blood levels of lead with concentrations and blood levels shown to result in adverse health effects. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Lead Uptake/Biokinetic Model was also used to calculate potential blood lead levels in children on-site and in nearby neighborhoods. On-site exposures for workers, future residents, and workers adjacent to the site were concluded to be unacceptably high. For children in nearby neighborhoods the exposures do not appear to be significant.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1158 (January 1992)
- 9780803152137 (e-ISBN), 9780803114456, and 0803114451
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 19.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992027