Study of Protection Mechanisms of Zinc-Rich Paints by Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy / S. Feliu, R. Barajas, JM. Bastidas, M. Morcillo
- Conference Author:
- Electrochemical Impedance: Analysis and Interpretation (1991 : San Diego, CA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Barajas, R., Bastidas, JM., Feliu, S., Morcillo, M., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- The authors present a review of their research work in an endeavor to interpret the behavior of zinc-rich paints (ZRP) using electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). This technique can provide much useful information about the protection mechanisms of ZRP. The tendency of some of these coatings to act like an electrode with a very large accessible internal area (that of the interconnected zinc particles) is examined. This situation favors the cathodic protection of the steel substrate by the zinc particles. The higher frequency arc chord in the Nyquist diagrams and the Warburg coefficient calculated from the low-frequency diffusion tail enables the extent and evolution of the coating barrier effect to be determined.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1993, Issue 1188 (January 1993)
- 0803118619, 9780803118614, and 9780803152403 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 19.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1993. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992081