Performance of Mortars Produced Under the Proportion Specification of ASTM C-270-86a / JH. Matthys
- Conference Author:
- Masonry: Components to Assemblages (1989 : Orlando, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Matthys, JH.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- ASTM C-270-86a ¿̐ưMortar For Unit Masonry¿̐ư lists different types of mortars (i.e., M, S, N, O) that can be produced from a proportion or a property specification. This is the first ASTM C-270 standard that has allowed the use of masonry cements as the only cementitious material for all the mortar types under the proportion specification. The Construction Research Center at the University of Texas at Arlington has conducted a comparative performance study of Portland cement lime (Type S lime) mortars to ASTM equivalent masonry cement (MC) mortars to determine whether mortars produced by the proportion specification meet the performance specification requirements of ASTM C-270. Eleven mortars consisting of eight masonry cement mortars and three Portland cement lime mortars were evaluated.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1063 (January 1990)
- 9780803151246 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992112