A Bentonite Clay Plasticizer in Masonry Mortars / BK. Dickelman
- Conference Author:
- Masonry: Components to Assemblages (1989 : Orlando, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Dickelman, BK., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Select clays modified in the production of proprietary masonry mortar plasticizers yield masonry mortars with improved workability while retaining other physical characteristics desired for masonry construction. The success of the combination has been demonstrated by increased usage during the past thirty years. Extensive product evaluation indicates the compound is economically and technically competitive with or superior to other masonry mortar plasticizers. This report traces the development of the product, general production of the plasticizer, quality control of product by the manufacturer, performance characteristics of mortars when tested in accordance with ASTM C 270, and other special performance characteristics of the mortar, singly or in masonry prism and wall assemblages.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1063 (January 1990)
- 9780803151246 (e-ISBN), 9780803114531, and 0803114532
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992119