Optical Techniques for Viewing Oxygen System Fires / TD. Gallus, SR. Smith, JM. Stoltzfus
- Conference Author:
- Flammability and Sensitivity of Materials in Oxygen-Enriched Atmospheres: 10th Volume (10th : 2003 : Queensland, Australia)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Stoltzfus, JM., Gallus, TD., Smith, SR., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- White Sands Test Facility has developed several techniques for viewing events inside oxygen systems. In addition, several existing techniques have been refined and customized for this application. Successive refinements and layering of techniques are described. The use of high-speed video is discussed. Techniques for laser illumination and laser bandpass filtering are described. In addition, a still photography method for recording external fire events is described. Finally, a method for temperature mapping in a flowing gas system is described. Applications of all techniques are described.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2003, Issue 1454 (January 2003)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154896 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2003. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992190