Fire Test Data for Design Fires : A Perspective from One Practitioner / DF. Gemeny, NB. Wittasek
- Conference Author:
- ASTM's Role in Performance-Based Fire Codes and Standards (1998 : Nashville, Tennessee)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Gemeny, DF., Wittasek, NB., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Performance-based codes and standards, like performance-based design and analysis, depend critically on fire scenarios and associated design fire specifications. These need to be as real and relevant as they can possibly be. But they also need to be built from fire test data, and that typically means adapting the fire tests from their traditional purposes. This paper will discuss principles and procedures for applying fire test data to the specification of design fires, drawing in part on what the authors have learned in a number of real-life design projects.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1999, Issue 1377 (January 1999)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1999. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992265