Multiaxial Creep of Textured Zircaloy-4 / KL. Murty, BL. Adams
- Conference Author:
- Mechanical Testing for Deformation Model Development (1980 : Bal Harbour, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Adams, BL.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Extremes of anisotropic multiaxial creep behaviors were considered by analyzing the strain rate ratios versus applied stress ratio for highly cold-worked stress-relieved and partially recrystallized Zircaloy-4 tubings. Power-law creep was modeled by using the upper-bound estimate with the assumption that prism, basal, and pyramidal slip modes are possible mechanisms. Experimental strain rate ratios were compared with those calculated by statistical averaging of crystallite behavior using the crystallite orientation distribution function (CODF). The experimental data on the stress-relieved material were in excellent agreement with the model predictions based on basal slip as the dominant deformation mode. Data on partially recrystallized material were in reasonable agreement with the predictions based on a combination of basal and prism slip modes.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1982, Issue 765 (January 1982)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 19.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1982. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992288