New Measurements of the H(n,n)H Angular Distribution / FB. Bateman, N. Boukharouba, CE. Brient, AD. Carlson, SM. Grimes, RC. Haight, TN. Massey, OA. Wasson
- Conference Author:
- Reactor Dosimetry: Radiation Metrology and Assessment (1999 : Osaka, Japan)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Wasson, OA., Bateman, FB., Boukharouba, N., Brient, CE., Carlson, AD., Grimes, SM., Haight, RC., Massey, TN., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Measurements have been made of the shape of the hydrogen differential neutron scattering cross section standard at 10 MeV neutron energy. The data were obtained at the Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics at Ohio University using the D(d,n) reaction as the neutron source. Two different thin films of polypropylene mounted on tantalum backings were used as the hydrogenous samples in this experiment. Preliminary data obtained with the thicker film will be reported here. Two independent computer-based data acquisition systems were used to obtain the data which were stored in a multi-parameter mode so that analysis could be done under different conditions after the experiment was finished. The differential cross section was measured simultaneously at 11 laboratory angles (0¿̐ư, ¿̐ư 12¿̐ư, ¿̐ư 24¿̐ư, ¿̐ư 36¿̐ư, ¿̐ư 48¿̐ư and ¿̐ư 60¿̐ư) using ?E-E solid state detector telescopes in an evacuated scattering chamber. The data are in better agreement with the Arndt evaluation than the ENDF/B-VI and ENDF/B-V evaluations.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2001, Issue 1398 (January 2001)
- 9780803154506 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2001. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992403