Selective and Prompt Self-Powered Neutron Detectors for Characterization of Mixed Radiation Fields in Reactors / C. Blandin, S. Breaud
- Conference Author:
- Reactor Dosimetry: Radiation Metrology and Assessment (1999 : Osaka, Japan)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Breaud, S., Blandin, C., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper presents new experimental developments of prompt self-powered neutron detectors (platinum, hafnium, gadolinium). In particular, we covered the Gd and Hf emitters with a small stainless steel tube called ¿̐ưthe lining of the emitter,¿̐ư to reach three goals: to decrease the deferred noise due to the sheath, reduce the current due to low energy external gamma-rays and stop a large part of the delayed ?- rays, which are produced in the emitter. A large set of SPNDs with different thickness of lining was tested in the SILOE research reactor by means of two special dosimetry devices to study their neutron and gamma sensitivities, and their dynamic characteristics. Finally, we optimized three physically prompt neutron detectors (response times better than 0.03 s) with known sensitivities. We are now able to measure instantaneously in-line the thermal and epithermal neutron fluxes and the gamma field.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2001, Issue 1398 (January 2001)
- 9780803154506 (e-ISBN), 9780803128842, and 0803128843
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 2.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2001. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992423