Development of a Neutron and Gamma-Ray Flux Distribution Measurement System with Scintillator and Optical Fiber Combination / C. Mori, A. Uritani, T. Iguchi, S. Hayashi, H. Kobayashi, Y. Takami, I. Kimura, M. Katagiri, T. Kakuta
- Conference Author:
- Reactor Dosimetry: Radiation Metrology and Assessment (1999 : Osaka, Japan)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Uritani, A., Hayashi, S., Iguchi, T., Kakuta, T., Katagiri, M., Kimura, I., Kobayashi, H., Mori, C., Takami, Y., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- for the real time measurement of neutron flux and gamma-ray intensity distribution in reactor cores, a system composed of scintillator-optical fiber detector and fiber driver was newly tried. A pulse counting system that we successfully developed before was difficult to use in such an intense radiation field in the core, because there were very intense output of both scintillation light from the scintillator and Chernkov light in the optical fiber itself. The current from the photomultiplier was therefore measured this time. To distinguish the scintillation light component with longer wave length, 690 nm, from the Cherenkov light component with shorter wave length, an optical filter was used which had the cutoff wave length, 680 nm, just shorter than the scintillation wave length. However it was not possible to completely eliminate the Cherenkov component, therefore the difference between the signal from a fiber with the scintillator on the tip and the signal from the fiber without the scintillator was taken.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2001, Issue 1398 (January 2001)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154506 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2001. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992451