Monobranched Alcohol Alkoxylates : A New Generation of Surfactants for Use in Crop Protection / JCG Rommens, SJ. Davies
- Conference Author:
- Pesticide Formulations and Application Systems: A New Century for Agricultural Formulations, Twenty First Volume (21st : 2000 : Orlando, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Rommens, JCG
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Monobranched alcohol alkoxylates (Atplus¿̐ư MBA and Atlox¿̐ư MBA) are a special class of alcohol alkoxylates with specific properties related to the monobranched structure of the hydrophobe. The availability of different alkyl chain lengths (C11 to C15) and ethoxylation / alkoxylation degrees (from 6 to 30 EO) results in a range of surfactants which has been selected as preferred replacement products for nonyl phenol ethoxylates without carrying a hazard classification. The particular type of branching of the hydrophobe results in lower gelling and foaming tendency compared to linear alcohol alkoxylates with similar carbon chain lengths and alkoxylation degree. The compact nature of the hydrophobe is responsible for the very fast dynamic behaviour which makes MBAs very suitable as adjuvants for pesticides. Furthermore, MBAs show lamellar liquid crystalline phases which are less viscous at higher concentrations than linear counterparts. Monobranched alcohol alkoxylates have shown to be efficient in enhancing the bio-efficacy of selective and non-selective herbicides and fungicides.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2001, Issue 1414 (January 2001)
- 9780803154599 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2001. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992512