Laboratory Experiments on Traffic Noise Annoyance / GW. Cermak
- Conference Author:
- Community Noise (1978 : Kansas City, Mo.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (20 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cermak, GW., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Four laboratory experiments were conducted to determine which attributes of traffic noise contribute most to human judgments associated with annoyance and perception. Results of these experiments showed that the energy equivalent sound level (Leq) was the best acoustical predictor of annoyance and perceptual responses. Secondary predictors were also identified, but extensive analysis showed that they did not add significantly to the predictive power of Leq.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1979, Issue 692 (January 1979)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803147577 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 58.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1979. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992689