Effect of Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate on the Structure and Function of Microbial Communities in Model Ecosystems / RJ. Larson, AW. Maki
- Conference Author:
- Aquatic Toxicology and Hazard Assessment (1980 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Larson, RJ., Maki, AW., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The effect of linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS) on the structure and function of microbial communities was studied in a flow-through model ecosystem containing several trophic levels. The LAS was supplied to 19-litre glass aquaria at 0.5 and 5.0 mg/litre in either well water (Phase I) or sewage effluent (Phase II). The structure of microbial populations was estimated from measurements of total viable biomass; function assays consisted of measuring rates of glucose or LAS degradation, or both. Assays of microbial function were also carried out in waters from two rivers.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1982, Issue 766 (January 1982)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803148314 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1982. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992839