The Engineering Properties of Polymer Matrix Composite Materials by a Pure Moment Test / RG. Hill, WE. Anderson
- Conference Author:
- Composite Materials: Testing and Design (Second Conference) (2nd : 1971 : Anaheim, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Anderson, WE.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A pure moment test fixture is described for examining the engineering properties of materials through bend deflections up to 180 deg. Specimen configurations are described for applying flexural, tensile, and compressive loads to the gage section. The method may be applied to any symmetrical specimen which can be gripped in the load heads of the fixture. Dual-element beam configurations for tensile and compressive loading of polymer matrix composites are described, and test data are provided. A method for determining interlaminar shear properties, using a multi-element beam specimen and the pure moment fixture, is suggested.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1972, Issue 497 (January 1972)
- 9780803146068 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1972. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992876