The Measurement and Significance of the Mechanical Strength Properties of Plastics / C. H. Adams
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Plastics Testing¿̐ưPresent and Future (1952 : New York, N. Y.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Adams, C. H., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- Plastics materials because of their many unique properties are subjected to many strength tests. The majority of these are of limited value because they tell little about the fundamental or engineering nature of plastics. This is because the conventional tests are carried out at loading rates that do not simulate engineering application of the material. Further, at these rates, mechanical behavior is too complex for fundamental analysis.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1953, Issue 132 (January 1953)
- 0803162537, 9780803162501 (e-ISBN), and 9780803162532
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 23.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1953. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992926