The Importance of Vascular Graft Surface Composition as Demonstrated by a New Gas Discharge Treatment for Small Diameter Grafts / AS. Hoffman, BD. Ratner, AM. Garfinkle, LO. Reynolds, TA. Horbett, SR. Hanson
- Conference Author:
- Vascular Graft Update: Safety and Performance (1984 : Williamsburg, Virginia)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Garfinkle, AM., Hanson, SR., Hoffman, AS., Horbett, TA., Ratner, BD., Reynolds, LO., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Biomaterial surface chemistry can have an important influence on biologic responses. Vascular graft chemistries may be modified in a number of ways. In this paper we report on a surface treatment using a gas discharge that deposits a thin coating onto the graft surface, significantly changing its surface chemistry, but without measurable change in porosity, compliance, or surface topography. Treatments with tetrafluoroethylene (TFE) gas yield dramatic improvements in both thrombo and emboli resistance of the graft, based on in vitro and ex vivo tests.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 898 (January 1986)
- 9780803149663 (e-ISBN), 9780803104624, and 0803104626
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 30.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27992938