Spallation Radiation Damage Calculations and Database : Cross-Section Discrepancies between the Codes / Wei Lu, Monroe S. Wechsler, Phillip D. Ferguson, Eric J. Pitcher
- Conference Author:
- Reactor Dosimetry: 12th International Symposium (12th : 2005 : Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Wechsler, M. S. (Monroe S.)
Ferguson, Phillip D.
Pitcher, E. J. (Eric J.)
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A radiation damage database at NCSU is described that contains, at present, cross sections for damage energy, displacements, helium, and hydrogen. For neutrons and protons at 20-3200 MeV energies, the targets include 23 target elements from Mg to U and eight practical alloys. The underlying calculations employ Bertini, ISABEL, and CEM2k intranuclear cascade models as provided within MCNPX, three level-density formulations (GCCI, HETC, and J¿̐ưlich), and multistage pre-equilibrium model (MPM) on and off. The database also includes radiation damage cross sections for lower-energy neutrons and protons, as obtained from LA150, SPECTER, ENDF, and SRIM. Examples of the database contents are provided with regard to damage energy and displacement cross sections for neutrons on Al, Fe, and W. Also, neutron flux and displacement rate calculations are described for neutrons on Fe and the 316 stainless steel mercury container vessel at SNS. In addition, discrepancies between the codes are discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2007, Issue 1490 (January 2007)
- Damage energy
- Cross sections
- Radiation damage
- Proton irradiation
- Neutron irradiation
- Radiation dosimetry
- Nuclear reactors—Materials—Effect of radiation on.
- Nuclear reactors—Materials—Effect of radiation on—Congresses
- Radiation dosimetry—Congresses
- 9780803162426 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 18.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993083