Spent Fuel Monitoring with Silicon Carbide Semiconductor Neutron/Gamma Detectors / T. Natsume, H. Doi, F. H. Ruddy, J. G. Seidel, A. R. Dulloo
- Conference Author:
- Reactor Dosimetry: 12th International Symposium (12th : 2005 : Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Seidel, J. G.
Dulloo, A. R.
Ruddy, F. H.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Silicon carbide semiconductor radiation detectors have been demonstrated for neutron and gamma-ray monitoring of spent nuclear fuel. Neutrons and gamma rays were monitored simultaneously over a 2050-h period, resulting in a gamma dose of over 6000 Gy to the SiC detector. No changes in the neutron and gamma-ray sensitivity were observed as a result of the gamma-ray exposure. After the spentfuel measurements, the absolute neutron sensitivity was determined in a standard neutron field, and the degree of gamma-ray and neutron spectrum overlap were determined through exposures in intense gamma ray fields. No overlap was observed for gamma-ray dose rates up to 100 G/h.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2007, Issue 1490 (January 2007)
- 9780803162426 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 20.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993091