Cavitation Protection Performance of Nitrite-Free Organic Acid Based Coolant for Heavy-Duty Engines / Yasuaki Mori, Michael L. Abel, Yuji Miyake
- Conference Author:
- Engine Coolant Technologies: 5th Volume (5th : 2006 : Toronto, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Mori, Yasuaki, Abel, Michael L., Miyake, Yuji, American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- For decades, most all heavy-duty engine coolants contain nitrites in order to protect against cavitation erosion/corrosion. So much so that many industry specifications require nitrites by name as well as minimum concentration quantities as they have been found to be very effective in minimizing cavitation erosion/corrosion of heavy-duty engine cast iron cylinder liners. However, the use of nitrites has become an issue because it is commonly known that nitrites could produce carcinogens when mixed with amine-type coolants. Legislation in some countries recommend not using it. This paper introduces nitrite-free, organic acid based, long-life coolant technology that gives the desired cavitation protection.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2008, Issue 1491 (January 2008)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803162532 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993168