A Single Wythe Concrete Masonry Unit with Good Resistance to Wind-Driven Rain / A. Huizer, MA. Ward
- Conference Author:
- Masonry: Materials, Properties, and Performance (1980 : Orlando, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Huizer, A., Ward, MA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A single wythe concrete masonry unit has been developed that can provide resistance to water penetration normally associated with cavity wall construction. An earlier paper described the development of the prototype with a single arch web. This paper reviews the performance of a newer unit that incorporates a second arch web. The rain penetration characteristics of the second unit are comparable to the prototype, but the cull rate in manufacturing is greatly reduced. Potential applications are discussed. Results of lateral load tests on a full-scale wall are presented.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1982, Issue 778 (January 1982)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803148437 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1982. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993183