Experimental Work Carried out in Support of the Development of an International Standard on Movement Capability of Sealants / AT. Wolf
- Conference Author:
- Buildings Sealants: Materials, Properties, and Performance (1990 : Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Wolf, AT., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The paper compares the results of different lab tests, suggested during the development of an ISO standard on sealant durability, with those obtained from outdoor weathering under mechanical strain. The comparison shows that the 70 C compression test, as included in ASTM C-719, is helpful in identifying sealants, which fail due to high compression set. The heat compression test, however, does not rule out sealants that tend to post-cure or embrittle upon ageing. The best correlation between lab tests and outdoor weathering is obtained, if the sealants are allowed to fully cure prior to lab testing.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1069 (January 1990)
- 9780803151291 (e-ISBN), 9780803112827, and 0803112823
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993211