Experiences with Lifetime Prediction Under Multiaxial Random Loading / K. Pötter, F. Yousefi, H. Zenner
- Conference Author:
- Multiaxial Fatigue and Deformation: Testing and Prediction (1999 : Seattle, Washington)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Zenner, H., Pötter, K., Yousefi, F., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A number of multiaxial fatigue criteria have been developed during the past decades. They can be subdivided into hypotheses of the critical plane approach, hypothesis of integral approach, as well as empirical criteria. In the case of the integral approach the equivalent stress is calculated as an integral of the stresses over all intersection planes, whereas in the case of the critical plane approach only the intersection plane with the critical stress combination is considered. The difference between the two approaches is insignificant with proportional in-phase loading, but becomes clearly visible in the case of noncorrelated or phase-shifted loading. In the present paper the two approaches are compared. For the model verification, variable-amplitude tests under combined bending and torsion with smooth and notched specimens are applied. The integral approach was found to be superior to the critical plane approach under varying principal stress directions.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1387 (January 2000)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154353 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 22.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993525