Formal Comparison of Correction Formulae for Spreading Resistance Measurements on Layered Structures / P. J. Severin
- Conference Author:
- Semiconductor Measurement Technology: Spreading Resistance Symposium (1974 : Gaithersburg, Maryland)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Severin, P. J., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- The spreading resistance of a metal contact on a semiconductor sample is analysed for infinite geometry, with three different boundary conditions: a specified potential of the contact, a uniform contact current density and a current density dependent on contact resistance. The cases of a thin layer on a perfectly conducting substrate and on a non-conducting substrate are analysed each for the boundary conditions of uniform current density and of the current density distribution valid for the infinite geometry. With a perfectly conducting substrate the two boundary conditions yield about 10% difference. With a non-conducting substrate calculations based on both current density distributions produce in the thin layer approximation the same In r dependence required. The constant terms in both approaches are different by 5% and the constant current density result in addition agrees with the result obtained with a totally different transmission-line approach. The actual three-point-probe measurement situation is discussed. The danger of correcting the precise spreading resistance measurement results with an error of 1%, with formulae derived on the basis of a formal model which is sensitive to the choice of the boundary conditions by up to 10%, is stressed. The effects of undefined thickness, bevel edge and transition layer curving upwards are mentioned as further complications.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1974, Issue 572 (January 1974)
- 0803166613, 9780803166615, and 9780803169388 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 23.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1974. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993646