Shear-Strength Determination of Soft Clayey Soil by Field and Laboratory Methods / E. B. Hall
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Soil Exploration (1963 : Atlantic City, N. J.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hall, E. B.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The Corps of Engineers has prepared a basic report of investigation for proposed underwater barriers in the San Francisco Bay area. In completing this study, it has been necessary to obtain soil design constants and to develop methods of analyses. This paper deals with the comparison of field vane-shear results and shear-strength constants as developed in the laboratory. The tests were conducted on soft bay mud that had been overlain for several years with a large displacement type fill.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1964, Issue 351 (January 1964)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1964. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993683