Influence of Binder Rheology on Rut Resistance of Polymer Modified and Unmodified Hot Mix Asphalt / MG. Bouldin, JH. Collins
- Conference Author:
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Binders (1990 : San Antonio, TX)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Bouldin, MG.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Machine generated contents note: Stabilization Mechanisms in Polyolefin-Asphalt Emulsions / S. A. Hesp / R. T. Woodhams -- Rheological Properties of Polymer-Modified Emulsion Residue / R. A. Robyak / D. A. Anderson / D. W. Christensen / R. Roque -- The Determination of SBS, EVA and APP Polymers in Modified Bitumens / F. S. Choquet / E. J. Ista -- Influence of Binder Theology on Rut Resistance of Polymer and Modified and Unmodified Hot Mix Asphalt / J. H. Collins / M. G. Bouldin -- An Evaluation of Heavy Duty Binders in the Laboratory / K. Hasegawa / M. Yoshino / M. Mayama -- Influence of the Rheological Properties of Modified Asphalt Binders on the Load Deformation Characteristics of the Binder-Aggregate Mixtures / A. A. Tayeball / J. L. Goodrich / J. B. Sousa / C. L. Monismith -- Design and Construction of Asphalt Concrete Using Polymer Modified Asphalt Binders / R. G. McKeen / T. S. Shuler / D. L. Hanson -- Laboratory and Field Studies of Polyolefin and Latex Modifiers for Asphalt Mixtures / M. Stroup-Gardiner / J. A. Epps / D. E. Newcomb -- Polymer Modified Hot Mix Asphalt - Oregon Experience / R. L. Terrell / D. F. Rogge / A. J. George -- Performance of Polymer Modified Asphalt Mixes in Kentucky / K. Mahboub / D. L. Allen / L. J. Fleckenstein -- Analysis of the Influence of Low Density Polyethylene Modification (Novophalt) of Asphalt Concrete on Mixture Shear Strength and Creep Deformation Potential / D. N. Little -- Field Trials with Polymer Modified Asphalts in Saudi Arabia / A. S. Noureldin / L. Al Dhubaib / F. Balghunaim / M. Al Dhalaan -- The Determination of Bitumen and Recycled Tire Rubber Content in Rubberized Asphalt Road Mixtures / E. J. Ista / F. S. Choquet -- Comparative Performance of Polymer Modified Hot Mix and the Practical Problems of Ensuring Performance / W. P. F. Heather -- Thermo-Oxidative Degradation of Polymer Modified Bitumen / S. Linde / U. Johansson -- Viscosity Measurements of Polymer Modified Asphalts / B. P. Schwager -- SBS-Modified Asphalts for Surface Dressing - A Comparison Between Hot-Applied and Emulsified Binders / A. Joly / J. Samanos / J. P. Serfass -- SBS Polymer Modified Asphalt Binder and its Implications on Overlay Design / A. Srivastava / P. C. Hopman / A. A. A. Molenaar -- Polymer Modified Asphalt Concrete for Environmental Liners / R. L. Terrel -- Characterisation of Polymer Modified Asphalt Binders for Roads and Airfields / S. Bose / Sangita / P. K. Jain / I. R. Arya.
- Wheel tracking experiments were carried out on dense graded mixes containing a commercial aggregate. The binders used in these experiments consisted of a straight AR1000 and three blends of polymer modified asphalt. In all cases the AR1000 was used as base asphalt and three different polymer types were compared. These mixes showed various propencities for resistance to permanent deformation. The results correlated well with the fundamental rheological properties of the binders.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1108 (January 1992)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993704