EB Welding of Low-Activation Vanadium-Binary Alloys / Y. Hiraoka, T. Noda, M. Okada
- Conference Author:
- Reduced Activation Materials for Fusion Reactors (1988 : Andover, MA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hiraoka, Y., Noda, T., Okada, M., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Tensile properties at 298 and 77 K of the electron-beam-welded joints of low neutron activation vanadium-binary alloys were evaluated. (1) Yield and tensile strengths of the welded specimens increased with an increase of carbon of up to 1.6%, boron of up to 5.0% and chromium of up to 9.3% by weight. (2) All the materials were embrittled by the welding, though the order of embrittlement depended on the additive and its content. The order of embrittlement was the least for vanadium-boron (V-B) alloys and the most for vanadium-chromium (V-Cr) alloys. (3) The location of fracture in the tensile specimens was in the weld metal for V-C and V-Cr alloys and the heat-affected zone (HAZ) for V-B alloys. Fracture mode depended on the additive and temperature. Most of the alloys at 298 K and V-B alloys at 77 K showed the ductile fracture, while V-C and V-Cr at 77 K showed the cleavage fracture.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1047 (January 1990)
- 9780803151130 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 14.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993864