Instability Testing of Compact and Pipe Specimens Utilizing a Test System Made Compliant by Computer Control / JA. Joyce
- Conference Author:
- Elastic-Plastic Fracture: Second Symposium, Volume II¿̐ưFracture Resistance Curves and Engineering Applications (2nd : 1981 : Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Joyce, JA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The aim of this paper is to demonstrate that a computer-controlled test machine can replace a test machine made compliant by a mechanical spring for tearing instability testing of simple compact and cracked pipe geometries. For both geometries tested herein, close agreement was demonstrated between the ¿̐ưcomputer compliant¿̐ư and ¿̐ưspring compliant¿̐ư test systems. The results show that though the computerized system utilized here is slower than the spring machine, this is not a serious drawback for structural materials with low to moderate rate dependence. The ¿̐ưinertia free¿̐ư response of the computerized system is in fact a positive feature for studying tearing instability arrest and promises to be very useful to further studies in that area.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1983, Issue 803V2 (January 1983)
- 9780803148703 (e-ISBN), 9780803107267, and 0803107269
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1983. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27993927