Recent Advances in Crack-Arrest Technology / AR. Rosenfield, PN. Mincer, CW. Marschall, AJ. Markworth
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Fifteenth Symposium (15th : 1982 : College Park)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Markworth, AJ., Marschall, CW., Mincer, PN., Rosenfield, AR., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Statistical analysis of the variability of crack-arrest toughness (Ka) is reviewed. The standard deviation of Ka is 12 MPa ¿̐ư m1/2 for an individual heat of low-alloy steel and 15 MPa ¿̐ư m1/2 when data for all heats are referred to the Charpy 41-J (30 ft-lb) temperature. These results aid in the definition of acceptable size limitations for crack-arrest test specimens. Miniature specimens (50 by 50 by 12.7 mm) are shown to give acceptably conservative results when tested in the vicinity of the reference transition temperature.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1984, Issue 833 (January 1984)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803149007 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 23.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1984. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994073