Fatigue Life Estimation of Notched Members / DF. Socie, NE. Dowling, P. Kurath
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- From an engineering view, it is convenient to separate the total fatigue life of notched members into two portions: crack initiation, which is spent nucleating and growing small cracks, and the crack propagation life, which is spent growing these cracks to final fracture. The difficulty in applying this concept has been in defining the size of an initiated crack in a smooth specimen and dealing with small crack growth in the plastic zone near the notch root.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1984, Issue 833 (January 1984)
- 9780803149007 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 23.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1984. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994083