K3D ¿̐ư A Program for Determining Stress Intensity Factors of Surface and Corner Cracks from a Hole / W. Zhao, MA. Sutton, JC. Newman
- Conference Author:
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics: 28th Volume (28th : 1996 : Saratoga Springs, New York)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Zhao, W.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- K3D is a computer program for determining stress intensity factors of semi-elliptical surface cracks and quarter-elliptical corner cracks emanating from a hole in a wide plate. The loading conditions considered fall into two categories: (a) pre-defined loads, which include biaxial loading with arbitrary biaxial load ratio, remote tension, remote bending (corner cracks only), and wedge loading in the hole and (b) user-defined loads, which allow users to analyze any loading conditions of interest, provided that the pertinent uncracked stress distributions can be fitted to a given functional form. K3D uses an accurate and efficient PC-based weight function algorithm, which requires no pre- or post-processing. The efficiency of the algorithm makes it possible to get a solution in a few seconds on computers equipped with an 80486 microprocessor. The program is described in some detail, following a brief introduction of the theoretical background. An example is given to illustrate its use.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1997, Issue 1321 (January 1997)
- 9780803153745 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1997. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994143