Updating a Land-Planning Database from Landsat-5 Thematic Mapper Data / TJ. Blaser, RJ P Lyon, K. Lanz
- Conference Author:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Mapping¿̐ưPractices and Standards (1990 : San Francisco, California)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (23 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Blaser, TJ., Lanz, K., Lyon, RJ P, American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Lansat-5 Thematic Mapper (Landsat-5 TM) images are evaluated for their use to upgrade a land-cover/land-use database in Switzerland. The Hectometric Information Grid or Hectaraster consists of a database, covering all of Switzerland according to 12 Level-I landcover/land-use categories. In this study Level-I and Level-II ¿̐ưbuild-up¿̐ư and ¿̐ưforest¿̐ư classes are computed using Landsat-5 TM spectral data of the study area of Switzerland. A procedure has been developed that automatically determines the dominant land-cover/land-use inside each hectare or ¿̐ưhectel¿̐ư of the Hectaraster. The newly created Hectaraster results in a more accurate representation of the actual land-cover/land-use situation in the Nyon test area, as compared to the traditional 1972 Hectaraster. Also, more detail is available, since Level-II categories have been added to the Level-I land-cover/land-use categories.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1126 (January 1992)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803151888 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 32.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994214