Air Force Damage Tolerance Design Philosophy / JL. Rudd
- Conference Author:
- Damage Tolerance of Metallic Structures: Analysis Methods and Applications (1981 : Los Angeles, CA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Rudd, JL., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper summarizes the U.S. Air Force damage tolerance design requirements for metallic airframes. The requirements are a function of the design concept and degree of inspectability of the airframe. Both analytical and experimental requirements are presented. The requirements include the initial damage size, shape, and location, which must be assumed in design. Also presented are the subsequent crack growth and residual strength requirements, which must be satisfied because of the presence of this initial damage.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1984, Issue 842 (January 1984)
- 9780803149083 (e-ISBN), 9780803104075, and 0803104073
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 3.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1984. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994331