Sludge and Risk Assessment / DJ. Ehreth, PR. Jutro
- Conference Author:
- Chemical and Biological Characterization of Municipal Sludges, Sediments, Dredge Spoils, and Drilling Muds (1986 : Cincinnati, OH)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (5 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ehreth, DJ.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Before the passage of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (FWPCA) in 1972, sludge management was viewed primarily as a problem of dewatering and physical removal of sewage treatment plant residues. There was little concern with the broader implications of processing alternatives and disposal options. With the enactment of FWPCA, planning for sludge disposal became a required part of general wastewater treatment facility planning. In the ensuing years, planners have become increasingly aware that sludge management is a technically difficult and very costly element in controlling water pollution.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 976 (January 1988)
- 9780803150478 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994568