Physical/Chemical Properties of 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin / JM. Schroy, FD. Hileman, SC. Cheng
- Conference Author:
- Aquatic Toxicology and Hazard Assessment: Eighth Symposium (8th : 1984 : Fort Mitchell, KY)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cheng, SC., Hileman, FD., Schroy, JM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Limited and inaccurate physical property data for 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) have inhibited the development of good environmental transport and fate information for this material. Based on limited literature data and transport modelling techniques evaporation of 2,3,7,8-TCDD from the soil column was proposed as a major factor in its movement in the environment. Estimated physical properties data were used to focus field sampling and analytical work and to identify the key physical property parameters that required quantification. Initial predictions indicating soil column loss via evaporation have been confirmed, losses via evaporation have been confirmed, and a set of physical properties suitable for environmental transport modelling have been compiled.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 891 (January 1985)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 19.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994612