The Effects of Helium on the High-Temperature Ductility of Sandvik 12R72HV and Inco IN-744X / D. Kramer, KR. Garr, CG. Rhodes, AG. Pard
- Conference Author:
- Irradiation Effects on Structural Alloys for Nuclear Reactor Applications (1970 : Niagara Falls, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Garr, KR.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Small tension specimens of Sandvik 12R72HV and Inco IN-744X were injected with helium by means of ? particle irradiation from a cyclotron to produce approximately uniform concentrations of from 1¿̐ư10-6 to 2.5¿̐ư10-5 atom fraction. The specimens subsequently were tension tested in vacuum between 500 and 800 C. Sandvik 12R72HV is significantly more resistant to helium embrittlement than Type 304 or 316 stainless steel. Helium in Inco IN-744X has little effect on the superplastic behavior of this alloy.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1970, Issue 484 (January 1970)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1970. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994687