Measuring In-Plane Hydraulic Conductivity of Geotextiles / HI. Ling, F. Tatsuoka, JTH Wu.
- Conference Author:
- Geosynthetic Testing for Waste Containment Applications (1990 : Las Vegas, NV)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ling, HI., Tatsuoka, F., Wu, JTH, American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- An apparatus was developed to measure the in-plane hydraulic conductivity of geotextiles. The apparatus is capable of measuring geotextile transmissivities under specified constant hydraulic heads, subject to simulated stress conditions, and in the confinement of soil. Using the new apparatus, a nonwoven geotextile and a woven-nonwoven composite geotextile were tested to measure their in-plane hydraulic conductivities under various normal stresses. Excellent repeatability of the test results were obtained. Three means of confinement for the geotextile (namely, using rigid blocks, flexible membranes, and soil) were employed for simulation of the in-soil condition. In addition, geotextile specimens retrieved from a field embankment were tested to examine the changes in its transmissivities from those of fresh specimens.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1081 (January 1990)
- 9780803151390 (e-ISBN), 9780803114562, and 0803114567
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27994771