The Cantilever Beam Method for Simulating Irradiation Creep and Growth / John R. Parsons, Carl W. Hoelke
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials: 14th International Symposium (14th : 1988 : Andover, MA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Parsons, John R., Hoelke, Carl W., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The deflection of zirconium alloy cantilever beam specimens during irradiation with 100 keV neon ions can be correlated with creep and growth measurements performed on neutron irradiated specimens. The deflection of these cantilever beam specimens is measured by noting the shift in position of a laser beam reflected from a mirror attached to the free end of each specimen. The apparatus and method developed to make deflection measurements on specimens at elevated temperatures under vacuum in the target chamber of a mass separator is described. The physics of the technique is also described and applied to deflection versus ion fluence data obtained from flux cycling experiments on cold-worked and stress-relieved Zr-2.5 wt% Nb.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1046V2 (January 1990)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803188877 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995009