Application of Quantox Measurements to Identify Phosphorus Contamination in Silicon Wafers / MA. Dexter, KM. Hasslinger, JR. Fritz, CA. Ullo
- Conference Author:
- Gate Dielectric Integrity: Material, Process, and Tool Qualification (1999 : San Jose, California)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ullo, CA., Dexter, MA., Fritz, JR., Hasslinger, KM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- During a three-year period, MOS fab experienced a 0.3% parametric failure rate on LOCOS devices. The observed failure mode is high N- and low P-channel current leakage. Only wafer number five of a lot was affected. This selective (believed) phosphorus contamination was appropriately named the ¿̐ưPhantom Wafer Failure¿̐ư. MOS fab implemented routine monitoring on all oxidation furnaces using the Keithley Quantox characterization tool in December 1997. Flatband voltage and mobile ion concentration were monitored using this tool. It was only after implementing this monitoring that the fab was able to identify the source of the phosphorus contamination. This report illustrates using the Keithley Quantox to identify the source of this phosphorus contamination.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1382 (January 2000)
- 9780803154315 (e-ISBN), 9780803126152, and 0803126158
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 3.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995146